Youth Transition Program
The Youth Transition Program partners with schools, Vocational Rehabilitation, and the business community to form partnerships that help students to develop work skills, habits, attitudes, and knowledge that will empower them to have future success in the working world.
Employers can make a positive impact on those students, and help connect them to the world of work by providing a variety of work experiences. By building partnerships we can create opportunities for our youth that will invest in skilled workers for tomorrow.
About the Program
- The Youth Transition Program serves youth with disabilities statewide.
- YTP is a partnership between Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation Services, the Oregon Department of Education, the University of Oregon College of Education and local school districts statewide.
- YTP prepares youth with disabilities for employment or career related postsecondary education or training.
The Value of Your Partnership
- Valuable school/community partnerships that truly make a difference.
- Participation increases the probability that young people will become productive citizens.
- Disabled Tax Credit.
Benefits to Youth
- Development of work experience and job retention skills.
- Exploring occupations that compliment the students skills and abilities.
- Develop confidence and self esteem.
- Receive consistent, individualized support including follow-up after leaving the program.
Please contact our district Youth Transition Specialist to get involved!
Youth Transition Specialist
Redmond School District
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Redmond School District is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its educational and employment activities.
The District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, marital status or age in its programs and activities.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination:
District 504 Contact:
Tami Nakamura, Director of Student Support | Email | (541) 923-8258
District Title VI, Title IX, Age Discrimination & American Disabilities Act:
Redmond School District | 145 SE Salmon Drive. | Redmond, OR | 97756 | P: 541.923.5437