Community Use of District Facilities
Welcome to the Redmond School District Facility Use page!
As a public school district, we offer the opportunity for community members, businesses and local organizations to utilize our facilities as a resource.
At this time we are accepting user registration applications and facility use requests for the 2021-22 school year. Use beyond August 30th will be processed when 2022-23 applications are available.
All users/groups must register annually prior to submitting an application for facility use (Step 1). Upon registration approval users/groups can proceed with complete the facility use request form (Step 2).
Review and approval of registration applications and facility use requests will be done on a case by case basis in accordance with District Board policies and guidelines.
Applications must be received no less than two weeks prior to the event for application consideration. If you have a last minute request or change to an approved request, you are asked to contact the Facilities Department at 541-923-5437 ext 1166. Last minute requests are not guaranteed to be processed even when district staff are contacted.
ANY NEEDS NOT SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSED IN THE APPLICATION FOR FACILITY USE ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
21/22 Facilities User Registration
jaqua turf fields
Facility Use Overview
The Board supports the community education concept, which encourages the use of school district buildings and facilities for education, recreation and service activities. The Board believes that district educational and extra-curricular programs shall have priority over other community uses and has directed the administration to develop regulations governing building and facility use by community user groups. The Board reserves the right to assess fees for community use of district facilities. Depending on the type of activity, proof of liability insurance may be required.
Full language for the district policy and regulations for “Community Use of District Facilities” can be read under the links below.
Facility Rental Use – Policy and Regulations
Fees & Invoicing
- Fee assessment will take place after facility use and final invoicing will be processed by the Fiscal Services Department.
- There is a $20 per application processing fee for all approved facility use.
Building use rates will be determined by the district’s Building Use Committee and will be reviewed and updated as necessary. The following classifications will be used to determine the priority for facility use and associated fee charges. Payments are to be made to the “Redmond School District” and not written to schools.
CLASS “A” USE: Redmond School District Programs
CLASS “B” USE: Redmond Youth Club sports programs; clubs must be recognized by the athletic directors within the Redmond School District as being an athletic program that benefits their programs. Proof of 501(c)(3) status shall be required.
CLASS “C” USE: Redmond School District partners and non-profit Redmond youth programs as defined by committee. Said groups cannot act as agents for outside groups.
CLASS “D” USE: Government, education and non-profit organizations recognized under Section 501c of the Internal Revenue Service code or legitimately sheltered under the umbrella of another 501c organization who operate within the Redmond School District tax boundaries. Proof of 501(c)(3) status shall be required. Also covered are users engaged in charitable activities for which the entire proceeds (less expenses) will be donated to a government or non-profit organization as defined above.
CLASS “E” USE: All other users.
Facility Use Contact Information
District Facility Use Contacts
1.) Michele Hyde, Facility Use Administrative Assistant; 541-923-5437 ext 1166
2.) Kiara Orrison, Operations Administrative Assistant; 541-923-8268
3.) Marc Horner, Assistant Director of Operations; 541-316-2864
Elton Gregory Middle School: Stacy Wink, 541-526-6440
Hugh Hartman Elementary: Bonnie Byrne, 541-923-8900
John Tuck Elementary School: Lori Sofich, 541-923-4884
MA Lynch Elementary: Susan Cooper, 541-923-4876
Obsidian Middle School: Jen Leveille, 541-923-4900
Redmond High School: Kyle Lavender, 541-923-4800
Ridgeview High School: Carla Langford, 541-504-3600
Sage Elementary: Jenny Faulconer, 541-316-2830
Terrebonne Community School: Sherri Jordan, 541-923-4856
Tom McCall Elementary: Margaret Iverson, 541-526-6400
Transportation Conference Room: Gale Carter, 541-923-4891
Tumalo Community School: Marti Olkowski, 541-382-2853
Vern Patrick Elementary: Kathy Anderson, 541-923-4830
Redmond School District Athletic Field Maps
Elton Gregory Middle School/Tom McCall Fields Map (shared fields)
John Tuck Elementary Fields Map
Obsidian Middle School/MA Lynch Elementary Fields Map (shared fields)
Hugh Hartman Fields Map
Redmond High School Fields Map
Ridgeview High School Fields Map
Sage Elementary Fields Map
Terrebonne Community School Field Map
Tumalo Community School Fields Map
Vern Patrick Elementary Fields Map
Jaqua Artificial Turf Use Guidelines
JAQUA ARTIFICIAL TURF USE GUIDELINES
1. Not Included: Scheduling and rental fees do not include field marking, electrical support staff, sound system or scoreboard use, trash removal or building access. These items may be requested through the application for facility use and are subject to separate charges outlined in the Facility Use Fee Schedule.
2. Cleanup: It is the responsibility of the user group to clean the field, put away any equipment and remove all trash after each use. Failing to do so will subject the user group to custodial and trash removal charges as outlined in the Facility Use Fee Schedule.
3. Special Grounds Needs: Any and all special needs must be requested with the facility use application.
4. Contract Time: All district fields are used extensively by a wide variety of community groups and organizations. Users are to be respectful of other groups and only use the fields during the user’s contracted time.
5. Vehicles on Fields: No vehicles will be allowed on the artificial turf fields.
6. Chairs and tents or temporary structures are not permitted.
7. Food, beverage (except water), sunflower seeds, gum, peanuts and similar food are NOT allowed.
8. Metal and/or steel spikes are prohibited.
9. Users are responsible to lock the perimeter fence after use unless other arrangements have been made with the Facilities Department.
10. Snow Mitigation Option: Users have the option to pay fees for snow mitigation. RSD shall have the sole and absolute right to determine if snow mitigation will be appropriate and the level of any snow mitigation.
Redmond School District | 145 SE Salmon Drive. | Redmond, OR | 97756 | P: 541.923.5437
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Redmond School District is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its educational and employment activities.
The District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination:
District 504 Contact:
Tami Nakamura, Executive Director of Student Services | Email | (541) 923-8258
District Title VI, Title IX, Age Discrimination & American Disabilities Act Contact:
Kelly Hicks, Director of Human Resources | Email | (541) 923-8922